Customer Service Phrases for Handling Irate Clients
Managing the customer service side of an online business can be very tricky for many retailers. This is especially true when handling an irate buyer who likely doesn’t want to receive a scripted reply to a query or complaint.
Online retailers can turn to customer service phrases that can help ensure a smoother experience for the client. Below are some of these phrases that can come in handy in certain support interactions:
Thanking the customer for feedback
Online customer support teams should start their email-responses by thanking their customers for their feedback. Thanking the customer not only defuses a potentially tense situation but also enables the retailer to show appreciation and set the tone for a beneficial interaction with the seller.
Some of the best customer service phrases for thanking customers are:
- “Thank you so much for your feedback– that’s a great question”
- “Thank you very much for your email–we are sorry for hearing about your troubles.”
- “Thanks for sharing your insights.”
Acknowledging customer feedback as important
After thanking a customer for sending in his feedback, the next important step is to acknowledge it. This validates the concern of the client and enables the retailer to appease him.
Below are some phrases that can be useful in this regard:
- “We totally hear you…”
- “Sizing can be very tricky; it’s one of the things we don’t really appreciate about shopping online.”
- “It’s a total bummer…”
- “That’s very frustrating…”
Encouraging the customer to write back
Once an issue has been resolved, the retailer should take the opportunity to encourage the customer to write back.
The following are some of the customer service phrases that can be used to enjoin a client to write again in the future:
- “Please reach out if something else comes up..”
- “Let us know if you encounter any trouble..”
- “Kindly send us an email if you have other issues or concerns.”