Features of Piwik Analytics – A Tool That Makes Everyone Love It
Most webmasters rely on Google analytics tool for tracking the activities on their websites as well to set strategies for keeping their site in the top search engine result pages (SERPs). There is no doubt that Google analytics is one of the best tools we have for tracking the traffic activities on our website, but sometimes it becomes fuzzy for webmasters, especially when they do not find it easy to understand and export the required reports from the tool. When it comes to tracking the analytical data of your WordPress site, you are not left with Google Analytics as the only option. There are many plugins that can do this for your site. In this post, you will get to know about Piwik analytics, which is one of the best alternatives to Google analytics.
What is Piwik Analytics?
Piwik Analytics tool is a free and an open source analytics software which is hosted on your own server. It means you can keep full control of your website. Just like Google Analytics, it helps you track your website visitors and other activities. One of the benefits of using Piwik analytics is that the whole data control will be in your own hands.
Features That Makes Piwik Analytics Unique
Piwik analytics is an open source platform which you can extend with plugins and make it your own. It is an award-winning platform utilized by millions of WordPress users and webmasters worldwide. The tool has some unique features such as Administration Options, Tracking API, Free community support forums, Professional consultation services and much more.
Apart from the above-mentioned features, Piwik analytics is loaded with the following website analytics features:
- All standard statistics reports with Real-time data updates
- All Websites Customizable Dashboard
- Row Evolution and Analytics for E-commerce websites
- Goal conversion, Content, Event Tracking
- Site Search Analytics
- Custom Dimensions or Variables
- Pages Transition and Overlay
- Analytics campaign tracking
- Automatically detects Google Analytics campaign parameters in your URLs.
- Shows traffic from various search engines by measuring the accurate time spent by visitors on the website. It also provides the more precise bounce rate metric.
- Scheduled email reports (PDF and HTML reports): Embed reports in your app or website (40+ Widgets available) or embed PNG Graphs in any custom page, email, or app.
- Annotations: Create text notes in graphs, to summon up about particular events and generates visitor log
Final Thoughts about Piwik Analytics:
Although there are lots of features that may attract you for using Piwik analytics, I would say it is not compulsory that every WordPress website holder should install and use its plugin. Though it is simple and user-friendly, still a self-hosted application may cause unnecessary hassle for the WordPress users who are not very tech savvy. I would recommend Piwik analytics to the users who are concerned about privacy. Try this tool today. After installing it, if you like the interface, then try Piwik analytics as an alternative to Google analytics.