Magento is one of the most commonly used ecommerce platforms in the world. More than a quarter of a million online stores worldwide are based on it. As a popular service, it offers a lot of functionalities such as the Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition or simply, Magento Cloud.
What is Magento Cloud?
Launched in 2016, Magento Cloud is classified as a Platform as a Service (PaaS) similar to other Software as a Service (SaaS) programs. It is fully hosted and cloud-based with many functions and topnotch customer service features.
It is scalable, meaning it can handle high traffic, and flexible. And with the Apache caching system of Magento, it can lead to faster loading of pages which can lead to higher conversions and lower bounce rates.
It is an ideal platform for large companies in need of a more versatile ecommerce platform for their online stores.
Key Features of Magento Cloud
One of the reasons why Magento Cloud is highly recommended to companies with online stores is the multitude of features of this PaaS. Here are some of its key features:
- Flexibility. Users can assign exclusive coupon codes for certain times, products, stores, groups and categories.
- Site management. With Magento Cloud, users can manage different stores with just one admin account.
- Search engine optimization. Magento sites are known for using URLs that are easily found by search engines.
- Customer segmentation. Users can group customers according to location and the items they have bought or viewed. This allows them to more effectively advertise to customer groups.
- Visual merchandiser. Magento users can optimize the product category pages using the user-friendly, drag-and-drop visual merchandiser tool.
- Offer customer rewards. With Magento Cloud, users can offer rewards, gift cards and other exclusive offerings to their loyal customers.
With these key features, it is not surprising that Magento Cloud has become very popular these days.